3/26/2009
Cat Shit One
A little bit of background. Cat Shit One, released in the US as Apocalypse Meow, is a manga about a American recon (LRRP?) unit in Vietnam. The manga, which I've only seen the odd page here and there, provided the odd mix of gritty historical action and cute animals. In the manga, various animal species represented various ethnicities. Rabbits were Americans, cats Vietnamese, panda Chinese etc.
The animated feature looks like it'll be set in modern day. From what I've been able to read from the opening text sequence, the members of Cat Shit One are PMC Contractors.
Cool story bro.!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
There's a weird combat animals meme going on of late...
This, plus the upcoming Disney G-Force film [no, not Gatchaman/Battle of the Planets] and the Grant Morrison comic from '04 in film development - WE3.
Odd...
I second Rob's feeling of weirdness. Cute animals, and a rather grim but accurate portrayal of the horrors of war. I don't know the "why" for this, but I should probably check it out.
But still an odd name if nothing else.
Post a Comment