2/01/2005

Intinerary...or Purgatory?

Here's the itinerary, at least for getting to Japan:

AC5 YYZ > YVR 0900 - 1105 (06FEB05)
AC35 YVR > KIX 1240 - 1640 (07FEB05)
NH1706 KIX > FUK 2040 - 2150

All times adjusted to local.

So what the hell does all this mean, and more importantly, when will I get to Japan in sane-world time (i.e. Toronto)?

Leave Toronto at 9:00am local, reach Vancouver at 11:05am local (2:05pm Toronto).
Leave Vancouver at 12:40pm local (3:35pm TO), reach Osaka at 4:40pm local (2:40am TO).
Leave Osaka at 8:40pm local (6:40am TO), reach Fukuoka at 9:50pm local (7:50am TO).

So, assuming everything goes off on schedule, from the time I leave my house (7:00am) to the time I arrive at my aunt's apartment (10:30pm local, or 8:30am Toronto time), I'll have been in transit for 25.5 hours...

Thank god I'll have a book to read...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://rogers.yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

One book, eh? Is it von Clausewitz' On War, cause that will either be long enough for the trip, or will knock you out cold for the entire duration :P

Have fun,

Ian