A picture of Fukuoka, from just outside my aunt's apartment. I don't know why, but I feel that this view showcases the stereotypical Japanese city.
Yodabashi Camera, an electronics shop that would put Future Shop to shame. Really, more of a shopping centre in it's own right, it's 4 floors of electronic bliss. Oddly enough tho, I only ended up buying batteries there, for my energy-voracious digital camera.
The Fukuoka subway system is a marvel of efficiency. In particular, I wanted to show the barrier that's in place to prevent people from jumping in front of trains. This is a fairly popular form of suicide in Japan, and all train drivers are told that at some point in their career, driving a train that runs someone over will probably happen. The arrows mark the locations of the doors when the train arrives at the station.
Inside the train there is not much to comment about, other than to mention how clean it is, a feature common to Japan as a country. No litter, strange stains on the floor, or grime-coated surfaces. The frequency of litter bins is truly inspiring. Props to my cousin, whose picture I pretended to take so as to not attract attention.
Heaven on Earth, thy name is SWAT. My cousins went to the trouble of researching military shops for me, and this is the result. For a crazy like me, it was paradise. Unlike the surplus shops I find in Canada, it was staffed by friendly, helpful people. It was clean and organized, and most surprizingly, very cheap. Located at the back was an airsoft section, with all manner of guns and accessories, as well as tactical gear and BBs. Once for me is truly not enough, and I will be making return trips there.
The swag from SWAT. Pictured here: A shoulder bag with leg strap from J-Tech, a M1A1 Thompson hi-cap magazine, a G&P BB-loader shaped like an IR strobe light, and an OD mesh scarf.
A picture of downtown Fukuoka at dusk.
Last stop for the night: the best noodles in town. Pictured are my mom and her cousins.
More to come tomorrow.
1 comment:
Very neat photos. Particularly the SWAT photo, with the .30 cal in the background (can I get one of those?). And the staff are friendly too? Damn...
Anyway, keep us posted with various things. And since I didn't say so with regards to your previous post, your title from before makes me think of "Space Meat", said in the same sci-fi fashion you're using. You know what I'm talking about :P
Ian
Post a Comment