Surely, SURELY, things must have happened since my first few days at work. I mean, Interlude 2 was all about Typhoon 10 and my 1/2 day off.
And where the hell are the pics? Surely, as a foreigner in a not-so-foreign land, I must have snapped at least a few pics. Some of you after all saw me with a digital camera snapping Kodak moments.
So just what the hell is going on?
Well, here's the skinny. Some things just seem to take a lot longer in Japan. I still haven't gotten a mobile phone yet, nor gotten paid, nor have I got internet at home. On top of that, last week was the Obon festival where millions of Japanese people go to their hometowns to honour their ancestors. While it's not an official holiday, most people take a few days paid leave.
Last week was consequently very quiet in the office. With not much to do, I was able to sit at my desk and compose my blog entries. This week however is the week before school starts, and most of the students are actually here continuing to work on their summer extra-curricular activities, most of which seem to revolve around the upcoming sports meet.
I too have been busy at work, getting things ready for classes next week.
All this combines to make it hard for me to blog. But that doesn't explain the lack of pictures. Rest assured I have them, and when I get my internet at home, I'll be making a bunch of edits and new posts. So in the coming weeks (though, not this week), you can expect:
1) pictures
2) life in Japan
3) my school
4) what do I eat for dinner?
5) ????
6) profit!
Well, sayonara for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment