Two posts in one day! Good god the sky must be falling.
Ok, I'm going to rant now, and its really for no good reason because JETs from parts of the world that are not North America have only 20 kilograms in one suitcase alloted to them to pack their lives into to travel to Japan. Let it be known that Americans and Canadians get more than twice that, at 46 kilos and 2 suitcases. I have no right to bitch about not having enough luggage allowance, but that is exactly what I am going to do.
I have finally managed to do a trial packing run with my luggage, and despite my earlier confidence, I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH LUGGAGE ALLOWANCE. Sonnova...
There isn't really much more than I can say about it. I have one large suitcase, and one medium suitcase. The larger one is pretty loosely packed, and weighs some 23.8 kg. My medium suitcase is rammed to the gills, and as of now weighs 20.7 kg. I can in theory put more stuff into my medium, if I can somehow manage to find the space. It's looking pretty grim truth-be-told.
There is a sort of silver lining in these storm clouds of aggravation. My dad has volunteered to take some of my winter stuff to Japan with him when he travels there at the end of October, and then ship it to me from there, thanks to the far more generous allowance of Air Canada's Elite travellers program. Now, I just have to make sure I don't go overboard with winter stuff...
And to those travelling from places that are not Canada or the U.S., my condolences...
No comments:
Post a Comment