9/05/2006

Food, and other sundry items.

Next we visit my kitchen. This is one area I spent some time cleaning. It was, quite honestly, appallingly grimy. The microwave, which I thought had a teflon black interior, was actually standard grey. The gas range was covered in greasy residue, better now but far from perfect. The fridge was pretty good, and not too much work was involved in getting it ready for use, but I did have to give the floors a good wipe down.

I don't want to make it sound like it was some sort of disaster. There is a certain amount of my fastidiousness (at least when it comes to the kitchen) involved, and when it comes time for me to leave, I will no doubt vacant the apartment with the kitchen in similar state as I found it.

Pictured also were the contents of my fridge, as of about two hours ago. Visible are the various condiments (salad dressing, mayonnaise, mustard, tonkatsu sauce, ponzu sauce), Guiness and a can of W mix cocktail drink, an Asian pear, some kara-age chicken (dinner), some premade, uncooked hamburger (dinner tomorrow), water and tea.

I've been eating fairly well, I think. There is admittedly a high quantity of fried food, mostly because that is what is in the ready-made section of the grocery stores I go to. I try to balance that out with a lot of vegetables. My first few weeks was actual salad. Last week was mostly cabbage. Today was a failed beansprout...thing. Nasty, but I learned my lesson.

No comments: