2/18/2008

Salmon Muiniere

I think that's spelled right. Three posts in a month. I may beat Nakagawa Shoko yet!

A landmark, because it will represent the first time since coming to Japan of me preparing a fish dinner. And in the aftermath, most definitely not the last.



Delicious. And nutritious. Especially considering my weekend fare...

Directions as follows:

1) Wash and pat dry salmon filets.
2) Salt and pepper to taste.
3) Add what herbs you like (mine was oregano and parsley, what I had in my cupboard).
4) Coat in a light layer of flour.
5) Melt butter in frying pan, medium heat.
6) Fish in. Flip when brown and yummy looking.
7) Reduce heat to low, let cook.

Also new to my repertoire in recent times: Shepherd's Pie (or Cottage Pie for those realists).

P.S.: The tea cup pictured is my Earth Federation tea cup I won at the Gundam Fair at my local Mini-Stop. Carry readers of kanji will be able to read Chikyuu Renpou.

2 comments:

Rob Pugh said...

Well, that is positively tasty looking. I approve of your new "What's for dinner?" category and approve further postings along such lines :)

Now I must go make something to eat, as you have made me hungry. [Apparently I'm the person advertising was designed for.]

DJ San Fran said...

i'll be a bit of a spelling nerd and say that it's actually spelled "meuniere" with an accent grave on the second "e". regardless of the spelling, it looks really yummy!