2/12/2008

Hmmm... I wonder...

...if I should indulge my inner geek more, and do something like show pictures of my growing Gundam collection?

OK, lets build some "street cred" first.





These are two pictures drawn with the aforementioned new pen. It's a Tachikawa School G manga illustration pen, suggested to me by fellow JET and artist Chen. I think you'll agree that I've taken a step forward in terms of my drawing.

First pic is a drawing of my character for my D&D game. Pretty happy with it. Second pic is one of an SF soldier in Afghanistan. That was done a lot earlier, thus the lack of any real shading etc.

OK, so now on to the Gundams. I'd for a long while avoided making Master Grades. I had 4 in my initial blitz of making them , but realized that they took up too much space. Sadly, like other Gundam collectors, there's too much geek-chic (ok, otaku-chic then) in some of these. Two I chose, almost purely on looks, are the following.



In the background, in the blue in white is the Gundam RX-93-V2 Hi-V, successor to the stardard RX-93 nu Gundam piloted by Amuro Ray in the OVA Char's Counterattack. Again, bought for looks.

In the foreground, my first Gundam SEED MG. Normally, I avoid all non-UC Gundam like the plague, but this one was just too sweet looking for me to pass up. It's the Strike Gundam with IWSP Pack. No link to a wiki article, cause I just don't care enough about SEED to bother with it. Nestled in between is my ZZ Gundam. Again looks, but less impressive because it is older, and thus less flexible in terms of posing (what you see is basically all it can do).







Anyhow, that's it for now.

EDIT: Blogger/Picasa is being retarded and not letting me show pictures or something, at least on my PC. Might be my internet security. Either way, just click on where the picture should be, and it'll open. Pics, in order more or less described in the post, run upwards.

EDIT2: Heh, figured it out. I was trying to embed a webpage instead of a picture. Also, for nostalgic lulz (at least for me and some of my friends...



My new keitai strap, courtesy of PlayAsia.

6 comments:

Rob Pugh said...

Embrace the inner geek. Love it and give it hugs.

[And figure out posting pics! You've got, like, a Cray Supercomputer! Make it work.]

Rob Pugh said...

Okay, not a Cray. At least like a Bat-Computer, though.

Mike Morikawa said...

Yeah. I think I know what it is. The pictures I linked to are TOO BIG FOR DA INTARWEBZ!

Rob Pugh said...

Broken interwebs? Oh noes!

Mike Morikawa said...

It works now. Seems that embedding websites within websites is a no no.

Rob Pugh said...

Nice... pics up, and a new pic header!

You be a blogger!